Mar 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



When I was little, dad would take my brother, sister and me on long walks in the forests near our home. Tall cliffs of rocks with deep emerald green moss and vines created a beautiful woodland playground. We had to be very quiet when hiking past the "Devil's Tea Table", an enchanted place for sure. 

Peeking through parted leaves and wildflowers we scanned the area, searching for signs of fairies.


This is the inspiration for my illustration
"fairy and bug" Sleeping on a mushroom


Sometimes we found something! ... like an acorn top..."no doubt it was a fairy teacup!" or little red berries scattered on the ground, "signs of a party the night before" we were sure! 

One of my favorite places in West Virginia is Bear Town
I even love the name- "Bear Town".

Visit this link - for beautiful photos, or Google Bear Town in northern Greenbrier. Enchanting! This one of my favorite places ever. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beartown_State_Park

from wikipedia


Happy St. Patrick's Day!    
(photos taken with my iphone  ... it is that beautiful!)





yes      It is beautiful



No comments: