Apr 25, 2017

Watercolor Peonies - learning and growing


Watercolor Flowers 
(day 1)

Last week, I accompanied my dad to the Hansford Center in St. Albans, WV.
A small group of dedicated artist gather each week to paint in watercolor.
It's really quite fun. 

I love to paint. The people in his group are interesting and inspirational.
Sometimes, I try my hand at realistic watercolor.
This is a watercolor peony from a friends photo.

While we painted, live Appalachian dulcimer music played in the room next door, beautiful.
It was almost heaven.


Dad is 91 and still painting.  In fact, his painting was just accepted into a WV juried art exhibit,
Aqueous 2017.                       I'll post more about his painting later.


Midway through my painting
I'm looking forward to finishing this watercolor Peonies painting
(Something to look forward to finishing on my next visit)
Peonies - Watercolor

Currently, I am stretching into other areas of art.  Learning and growing,  painting realistic flowers, fruit and landscapes.   It's quite a departure from fairies and children.

I'm also working on some Children's Book Art for my portfolio and have attended seminars, and lectures, plus reading everything I can find.  The SCBWI is a good resource for "how to's".
Going from greeting cards to books, not an easy transition.  It is an all new experience.
I've learned how much I need to learn.
  
 Learning and growing is the best part of living.   
 Just ask my dad.  Age 91 and still growing.



No comments: